Assessment Activity 3 Review Fraud Control Activities Fraud control requires the implementation of a number of control strategies which contribute to an effective fraud control framework, two of which are….
Based upon the trends of abuse or fraud that you identified in Part 1, develop both a new employee orientation program and an ongoing training program for medical billing and coding employees
You are a healthcare executive of a large hospital, serving as director of health information. You have been advised that there are serious concerns regarding the competence of the facility’s billing and coding staff. To address these concerns, you will develop an action plan. Please complete your action plan as indicated below in Parts 1- 3.
Part 1 Instructions
Evaluate at least three (3) types of abuse or fraud that may occur during the course of medical coding and billing activities. Determine at least three (3) organizational policies and procedures that monitor such activities and critique the effectiveness of each policy/procedure.
Based upon the trends of abuse or fraud that you identified in Part 1, develop both a new employee orientation program and an ongoing training program for medical billing and coding employees. Design outlines of each training program and construct the learning activities involved. You should also indicate a leadership approach that you would use in the implementation of the programs.
Part 3 Instructions
Develop a plan to evaluate the training programs at “time of launch” and again at periodic times over the next two (2) years. Describe the methods used to evaluate the effectiveness of each training program.
An information asset is a body of information that is defined and managed as a standalone, single unit that can be shared and exploited to the organization’s benefit. It is referred to as an asset because it has financial value to the organization. Enterprise- wide information assets that are common to large health care organizations include billing systems, EHR/EMR, master patient index, clinical automation systems, patient portals, personal health records, telemedicine, health information exchange (HIE), clinical applications (lab, pharmacy), etc.
The enterprise data warehouse (EDW) is a repository of high value data from different information assets and corporate systems/applications. The data contained in an EDW can be integrated for many strategic uses across the enterprise. Strategic objectives might include activities and initiatives designed to improve quality, safety, cost, productivity, etc.
To complete Part 4, conduct research into the topic of data warehousing in health care organizations and then answer the following:
- List the benefits of an EDW to a health care organization.
- Prepare a strategic objective and explain how it could be facilitated through use of a data warehouse.
- Select two (2) information assets from the list above. Through a data warehouse, analyze and demonstrate how data from those two assets could be used to accomplish the identified strategic objective.
- Please complete all parts in a Microsoft Word® document.
- The body of your document should be at least 1500 words in length. A title page and a reference page should also be included but do not apply to the length requirement.
- Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is necessary.
- You must cite and reference at least four credible sources from the university library.
- Formatting should be double-spaced, 12 point, Times New Roman font. ● Be sure to follow the conventions and mechanics of Standard American English (correct grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, etc.).
- The submission should be presented in an organized, logical, and unified manner and consist of superior content that is original and insightful.
- You must meet APA style requirements throughout the submission, including title page, formatting, citations in the body of the text, as well as related references. Please be sure to visit the Writing Center to assist you in conforming to APA style.