Topic: Renal Disease and Men’s Health Issues(respond to only one of the topics) Topic 1 K.N. is a 24-year-old woman who presents to the family practice clinic complaining of sudden….
Discuss the business benefits that may be realized from increasing workforce diversity
Discuss the business benefits that may be realised from increasing workforce diversity
- Ground it in theory and move towards discussing the business case benefits
- Two main theories:
- Sub social case
- Business case (how organizations benefit from this)
- Examples of how diversity is done well and bad
- Towards the end of the essay, talk about the wider challenges of the difficulties of having diversity in the work force. (People identify with those who are the same as them) which is a barrier to diversity.
- At least 3 business cases in depth
- No need to talk about policies of diversity that give benefits.
- Academic theory and evidence to support these theories is important for grading
- Noon, M. (2007) ‘The fatal flaws of diversity and the business case for ethnic minorities’. Work, employment and society.. 21(4): 773–784
- Wilkinson, A., Redman, T. and Dundon, T. (2017) Contemporary Human Resource Management, 5th edition, London, Prentice Hall, Chapter on ‘Managing Diversity’
- One approach (not the only one!) is to set out
individual benefits (recruitment, reputation, link to customers etc) and
consider the business case for diversity and benefits for each of these.
Remember that you do not have to accept that there are business benefits, nor
that they are axiomatic
- Noon, 2007, the fatal flaws of diversity. Wilkinson, 2017. One approach is to set out individual benefits (recruitment, reputation) and consider the business case for diversity and benefits of each of those. You do not have to accept that there are business benefits. Justify these benefits and the reasons behind them including the moral case as well as the business case. Include benefits even if there is no business case for it. If you find something is not well supported, you can challenge it and point it out.